Barter/Swap system is an age-old method that was adopted by people to exchange their services and goods. This system was used for centuries, before the invention of money. Nowadays, barter services have staged a comeback with the advent of more sophisticated techniques that aid trading through the World Wide Web.
This site is a complete swap/sell site that allows you to swap, or sell items to, other internet users. It allows you to search or browse for specific items offered for swap or sale. You can swap any unwanted items from your home or business to others who may have use for them. You can also post for items you wish.
Search/browse through the extensive list of categories, find items that may be useful for you, make offers, wait for the other party to respond by accepting, rejecting, or counter offer. sell, swap, buy and enjoy!
1. Buyer and Seller Agree to Terms
- Both parties agree to terms of the transaction, which includes a description of the merchandise, sale price, number of days for the Buyer's inspection, and any shipping information.
2. Buyer Pays SellSwapTradeOnline.com
- The Buyer submits a payment, selecting paypal, Google Checkout, or Credit Card. SellSwapTradeOnline.com verifies the payment. Processing time may vary by payment method.
3. Seller Ships Merchandise
- Upon payment verification, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise and submit tracking information. SellSwapTradeOnline.com verifies that the Buyer receives the shipment.
4. Buyer Accepts the Merchandise
- the Buyer has a set number of days for an inspection and the option to accept or reject the merchandise.
5. SellSwapTradeOnline.com Pays the Seller
- SellSwapTradeOnline.com pays the Seller by check or wire transfer. The transaction is complete.
Sellers are automatically protected from any predatory scammers with our escrow service. You can choose not to have escrow services involved, by stating as such in the description box on the add item for sale page - know that by choosing to deal directly with buyers, you arent protected by the safeguards the escrow service provides the buyer and seller.
Yes. The following items/services are prohibited from being traded or sold at sellswaptradeonline:
· Alcoholic Beverages
· Animals or Wildlife Products
· Batteries Containing Mercury
· Charity or Fundraising Listings
· Current Issues of Catalogs
· Contracts and Tickets (unless allowed to be sold pursuant to all applicable federal, state, and local laws)
· Counterfeit Currency and Stamps
· Copyrights or Trademarks
· Counterfeit Items
· Credit Cards
· Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia
· Embargoed Goods and Goods from Prohibited Countries
· Food (other than packaged food meeting all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and standards)
· Government IDs and Licenses
· Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Materials
· Human Parts and Remains
· Lock-picking Devices
· Lottery Tickets
· Mailing Lists and Personal Information
· Multi-level Marketing, Pyramid and Matrix Programs
· Offensive Material
· Plants and Seeds
· Police-Related Items
· Postage Meters
· Recalled Items
· Satellite and Cable TV De-scramblers
· Stocks and Other Securities
· Stolen Property
· Surveillance Equipment
· Used Medical Devices
· Weapons & Knives
Upon receiving item, buyer has 24 hours to either accept or reject it. If buyer chooses to reject an item, he/she must return item in the same condition as it was received. He/She must also include,
All packaging such as boxes, bags, and tags
Accessories such as cords and remotes
Certificates, manuals, and warranty cards
All items included in a bundle
Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, a seller isn't required to accept your return. You may also be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges and or suspension of your account.
Upon doing the things listed above and item is returned to seller in timely manner, the original purchase amount will be refunded to you.
In order to contact a user about an item, you must first be a registered user. After you register and log in, select the item you are interested in and click on it. You will then notice a link in the listing that says "Make Offer" Click on this link, enter the details of your offer and the comments/message to the user. Please note that making an offer is the first step to go ahead with the deal.
In order to create a listing, you must first be a registered user. After you register and log in, you will notice Add Sale/ Add Swap/ Add Wish links in the 'My Booth' section. Click on the appropriate link and enter all the information to create your listing.
What types of files can I upload as an image for my listing?
We recommend uploading a gif or a jpeg when posting a picture. These file types are usually small and will work with our system quite well.
Do I have any obligations?
Your obligations are set out in the site's Terms and Conditions which you have read as part of your registration.
In brief, the items offered must be legal and non-offensive to even a small number of people, and must be your property to offer.
You have no obligation to complete a swap or sale unless both you and another party have confirmed you want to go ahead with the deal, at which point you both MUST proceed. Otherwise, you can withdraw from a deal at any time up to this point.
You may have items which you may no longer need, wasting your household space and things you might be thinking of how to get rid of. Why throw to the recycle bin, there may be somebody who is in need of it very badly. This site is useful for swapping stuff you don't want, or simply sell it to someone who does want it!
You are not committed to anything until both you and a second party (ie the other swapper/buyer) agree to proceed with the deal - you can withdraw an item at any time right up to this point without obligation or commitment.
Why Register with this site?
In order to sell and leave postings we need you to complete the short registration form. The information collected by this site will solely be used for activities that accommodate the swapping, bartering or sale of items between users of the site.
While you can search and browse without registering, if you want to swap, buy or sell, you will need to register.